What's The Plan?!?

in , by Shameless_Curator, August 19, 2021

 Good day family and friends, I hope you are getting your rest and finding time to love you the best that you can. A wise woman once asked me, “what’s the point in doing everything according to plan, but lose yourself in the process”? It’s a real question I sat with for a while, sure I want things to go my way… Who reading this blog doesn’t? The point is, the plan is just that, a plan. While I am not among one of the elders, I will admit that if everything went according to my first plan, well my life would be a hot, funky, underwhelming mess. If it's not our plan, then who’s plan is it, and is it safe to assume that the planner is larger than us?



Well of course, its God’s plan (or higher power) and I have become quite content in knowing that all things do not go according to plan, and in life, plans are warranted to change and take all kinds of whirly detours, but what if in all of that, that’s the plan all along. I experience these deep thought moments when I begin to question everything and anything and in that, I land right back to where I am. It’s a lengthy mental lesson that reminds me that I am right when I need to be.

So, on August 7, 2021, my father passed. Prior to that, I had moved my life from Atlanta, Ga to Dayton, Ohio to be by his side in hopes that we would defeat cancer together and he would live the remainder of his full life. I tried everything I knew to assist and aid, and the day he took his last breath, I thought to myself “this was NOT the plan”. During these past few days, while planning a funeral and dealing with the mayhem of “THE FAMILY”, I ran the plan through my mind again and resolved that this was the plan all along. AND THAT’S OKAY……

As I count all the things, people, and places I have been during this journey I have had the experience of love and loss. I have made new friend connections, I have traveled at least twenty miles north and south of Dayton, Ohio, and I have gained moments. Precious moments with my father, rather good, bad, or indifferent, and perhaps the moments and memories were God’s plan.

To wrap this beautiful blog post up, I want you to know it is okay to grieve what didn’t happen and rejoice about what did, but through it, all just know it's all a part of the bigger plan. Trust me, if you stick with it, it will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!

 Sincerely Sara J.

 

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© The Shameless Brand · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS