THE DAY I GOT TIRED..

in , by Shameless_Curator, April 26, 2020
... Of myself. Well, allow me to add some context. Weeks prior to feeling absolutely, completely, and overwhelming exhausted with myself I was working in the field with my clients, jogging in perimeter and having girl time dates in the city. I was enjoying looking forward to the weekends and the errands that followed. I had found my rhythm in the hustle and bustle in these Atlanta streets and then all that I learned to cope with was brought to a harsh stop. A halt that jolted the nation and wrapped its condolences in something called the Corona Virus.


While marking on my calendar week six, I found myself frustrated and annoyed, Well, maybe irate and bothered, in fact I cant even the name the feeling I felt but I knew I wasn't feeling very Sara J. I wasn't feeling like myself. I felt out of place but common to my own normality. Spoiler alert, I am a woman that loves to hang with myself so having such feelings caused a real concern. I began to retrace my thoughts and found the issue. I was missing something called a slight distraction or business. I had been more focused in those six weeks than I had been in months. I realized in that moment that boredom finally sank in. My thoughts began to run wild and I wanted to text old friends, old flames and eat popcorn. I wanted to fill my mind with something just to untangle and have something to think through. In that moment, I concluded I was a fixer. I got thrills from adding value and solving problems, however with this virus, I had to find a new way to do the thing that I added value to my life.
On that day, I got tired of myself. I literally felt the exhaustion from business. I had to convince myself that I couldnt live there, so I found my favorite podcast and cleaned my closet. While cleaning my closet, I felt relief and I saw the gravity of my gift. Being able to come in and rearrange, clean and organize my closet showed me where my strength was. My exhaustion was only in my mind. I was well rested, well feed and well taken care of. I was only exhausted in my mind because I was sooo used to high level mental work.
What if I told you, you didn't have to succumb to the deadlines and the pressures of life? Would you believe me and find yourself cleaning something that really needs your attention to clear space in your mind? Or would you think this is just one of those cute blog posts? Either way, be gentle with yourself and nurture what nurtures you. Remember, most of our stress can be held captive in the mind first!

Sincerely,
Shameless .

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© The Shameless Brand · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS