WHAT IT LOOK LIKE: 2020 VISION

in , by Shameless_Curator, April 26, 2020
This is the exact question I asked myself the first week of March 2020. Let us rewind and go back, November 2019 I was laying across my bed, something I rarely do. I was thinking, I was plotting ultimately, I was sad. I was sad for a variety of reasons, I just got my braces off, I traveled to Paris and I even remained celibate  I was turning thirty in a few months and the pressure of not being the vision that haunted me at night, was obviously getting to me. So, I laid there and created new visions (word to the wise, always create new visions). In my mind, I would be celebrating my birthday in some tropical place and drinking wine on someone’s island. I figured the middle of the month I would focus on eating clean and laughing with the girls. I saw travel, love and happiness all throughout the visions I created. People, 2020 was going to be my year. I declared it, I decreed it, I prayed for it, I tried to fast for it. Sis, was committed.



Now, let’s snap back to reality real quick! Corona virus came through like the baby daddy I popped plan for, out of now where. Obviously, my little birthday was gonna be reduced to state travel, my girls and I were going to settle for wine on Zoom rather the balcony of some snazzyyyy bistro bar. And my love life halted, (couldn’t risk it). Point is, the month of March I had to lay across my bed again. I had to lay there to create new visions that considered social distancing, zoom meetings and essential-ality. I had to put away some things to gain insight on other things. I was being forced to deal with me and my stuff. I had to create space for things I would never consider as I let the things I love fade to the back ground. I had to silence the noise and walk toward what never left. For me, meetings, running, eating, learning new recipes, creating a podcast and developing my craft is what it looks like.
So, when they ask you what it look like, simply let them know it’s different but crafted specifically for you. Its not what you planned but all things are working for your good. Consider this as your training ground for your new stage. Now please, go be great!

Sincerely,
Shameless .

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© The Shameless Brand · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS