New Seasons Require New Habits...

by Shameless_Curator, March 16, 2023

 Good day family and friends! 

I know, I know... I have broken yet another promise just to come back and try to reseal that same promise with more zest and flavor only to find that I too, night break that same promise once more. Let me explain, at the top of every year it is my intention to write once a week to you! To encourage and empower you to do big things, but lately, I have noticed that I too need that same letter to self. Therefore, I have been spending more time looking at my habits, thoughts, and words to see if there is a misalignment in regard to my results. 


Now, this is what I can write to you... I have found that my words, thoughts, and habits are not in alignment. It's like saying " I want to lose some weight" but having a habitual habit of not eating cleaner or working towards burning some calories. I have stated that I want to write to you once a week, release a Sincerely, Shameless podcast once a week, complete all my doctoral assignments weekly, work both my full-time job and part-time job throughout the week, and still maintain my fitness goals, and health. Oh and I actually have friends, so maintain those relationships too! That's a lot, yes I know! I have found that something lacks, and in order to pay these oh-so-high bills in these Atlanta streets, work is non-negotiable. A few other things like maintaining my health and fitness are non-negotiable as well, therefore without conscious thought, the blog suffers. In turn, you suffer and I can't have that. So, I am going to make it my mission to write once or twice a month to you and invite you to check out the weekly podcast: Sincerely, Shameless

Let's chat about alignment for a moment! But first, let me ask you a quick question that may push you to think long and respond later. What do you do when you are in a new season of life, with new goals but it's the same old you? When I asked myself this question it came out of nowhere... I was sitting on my bed preparing my thoughts to go into my second job to hustle and bustle. I was trying to quickly adjust my thoughts from written papers and APA style to sandwiches and guest service. I was mentally rushing to adopt my third life for the second half of the day and whilst I am grateful to have streams of income post-pandemic and mid-recession, I'd be lying if I didn't share the "you gotta do what you gotta do to get what you want" mantra was getting old. Not that I don't believe it, but it was the mantra that I had been using as justification to totally wreck my body and my mental health. 

So here's what I have for you and me, "we do have to do what we gotta do to get what we want out of life" but there has to be a strategy. In previous years, this was a mindless tool that I used without seasonal recognition. With that in mind, I wonder if you are moving through life trying to achieve without recognizing the seasons. Similar to planting in the summer when you are supposed to be in the harvest. So, let's recognize that we are in a different time with new goals. Then take some time to ask ourselves what can or what do we need to do differently to accommodate the season and the goal.

I have a lot on my plate but I really need to boost my financial goals and decrease my workload. It sounds backward, "work less but make more". In this season, I have to build on the very foundation I have laid over the past decade therefore I have to be more intentional about the habits, words, and thoughts that I entertain and that is the pinnacle of this season. I will do what I have to do to get what I want, but the strategy is much different. It's pointed and intentional because the season that I am in requires my attention and focus. It also requires me to move much differently than prior, and that will look much different than before. Therefore my strategy is to do less with more, and more with less. I hope that makes sense. Also, I am curious now that I have shared my shame on a changing season and new habits, what are you willing to do differently. Who are you willing to become to achieve your new goals? What are you willing to move around and what risks are you willing to take? It's the habits that we create or change that create the changes we desire to see in our lives. 

Cheers to a new season, new habits, and new results!

Love & Light,

Sara J.

The Shameless Brand


SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© The Shameless Brand · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS