Shame: Where it all Began

by Shameless_Curator, May 25, 2021

 


Hey family and friends,

Can you believe we are midway through the year? I can and I cannot, just a few weeks ago I was writing to you to keep the faith and all bets are still on. And here I am now, writing from my desk in Ohio amidst the recovery of a pandemic to simply say, “keep the faith because all bets are still on”. Yes, that is right. I am repeating myself because as much as I believe in myself, I believe in you. You got this!


So, if you have been keeping up on the podcast, the Sincerely Shameless podcast that is, then you know we are in season four. On episode two I exposed where a bit of my very own shame began and how it has played out in my life. Shame is one of the most emotionally toxic cognitive distortions that linger for years until confronted. It can begin with a conversation or a thought and if it is not checked at the moment, if not prepare for a long slippery road that deadends in deception. From there you can only look left and right, and left offers guilt and right offers shame. From lack to still lacking, I have challenged myself to confront the poverty mindset with something far more valuable and that it, gratitude. Taking inventory of the little things in my life so that I can appreciate the big things. Being grateful enough to know that I have experienced lack on many levels, and as long as I am progressing than lack don’t last always. A wise woman once told me that if I only had one can of beans but when I open the can I truly have more than enough to feed myself and those around me. I guess I can sum this up in one word, perspective.

As promised on the podcast, I have created and attached the link to the “Shame Tracker” for your use. It can be a great tool to track your shame and a starting place to reduce shame in your life. While I am not a licensed therapist or counselor, I am an advocate for the shameless and I want to see you live your most authentic version of yourself. This tool should not be used in place of a therapist or counsel and if you are having feelings of self-harm or harming others, please seek the proper help by calling 911.

For the full podcast, please be sure to visit any podcast platform and search Sincerely Shameless. Or click the link: Sincerely Shameless The Podcast

 

Until next time,

Your favorite Shameless advocate Sara J.


The Shame Tracker Link: The Shameless Tracker

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© The Shameless Brand · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS