Whats Your WHY?

in , , by Shameless_Curator, August 24, 2020

Often times I people watch. Rather in the mall, or on the job I find myself caught up starring at people and wondering why they do the things that they do. Perhaps it’s the psychology degree or just my inner desire to understand the human condition, I am constantly trying to understand what drives the human behavior.


I recall a time in college when I was working really hard to pursue a nursing degree. If you know anything about me, you know I detest bodily fluids and anatomy is traumatic for me. However, growing up I remember being told that I should be a nurse. Those words lived in my heart and mind until I nearly flunked out of college. I recall telling my mother that I had no choice, I needed to change my major. Then she asked me one simple question, “why were you pursuing a degree you have desire to work in”?

My mouth dropped, mainly because my mother was one of the main people that told me that I should take up nursing. I responded with, “because I thought that was what I was supposed to do”. Then the revelation at the tender age of twenty-two hit me like the interest of my college loans, “I was doing something major in my life for all the wrong reasons”.

Often times we make decisions in career, life, love and personally because “they” said or outward pressure knowingly or unknowingly. It can be so intentional or unintentional that years later we look up and realize we have lived our entire life for others or “they”. Son today, I implore you to search your heart and ask yourself “why do you do what you do”? Does is bring you joy? Do you love it? Or does your title boost your esteem or give you access in places you have always sought? Whatever it is makes sure your WHY is far more powerful than the who, and what.

Let your WHY take you places, “they” can’t.

Until next time,

Sincerely, Shameless

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© The Shameless Brand · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS