A LETTER TO MY TEENAGE SELF

in , by Shameless_Curator, May 31, 2020

Dead Sara,

You are something. I see you have been wrestling in the ring by yourself and I want you to know, don’t quit because its only the beginning of your greatest fight. I know you feel insecure and trust me, that’s a daily work, even at thirty. I know you have created lists, charts and graphs that equate social acceptance, but that too is a fallacy. Sweetheart, turns out there is no pleasing them, so put down your works.



Friends come and go, boys become men, you will mature as a woman and do not be shocked when you look back and you cant move forward. Ultimately, all you need to know is God’s love and your love for others will welcome you into rooms unknown.
Please don’t think to hard on the why rather the lesson. Don’t harp too long on the burden rather the blessing. Don’t utter words that joke you out of your happiness and know that rules, expectations and loyalty come with a price. Mostly importantly, don’t take too long to move on when people, places and things wound you. Just know it rains on the just and the unjust, and as long as you go after your dreams you’ll be just fine. All that you have is all that you need. Trust me, its all worth when the dust settles.

I love you.

Sincerely,
Shameless


PS: For the full podcast trailer, be sure to click the link below:
https://anchor.fm/sara-j4/episodes/Trailer-The-Letter-to-My-Teenage-Self-eeh6bn

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© The Shameless Brand · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS